Tuesday, May 6, 2008

West-ward vs. GPSI

I've learned through various phone calls that West-ward Pharm. has contracted with Generic Pharmacy Services, Inc. (GPSI) to provide gelatin banding for their Ephedrine sulfate product. It's frustrating because i'll talk to Melanie at West-ward and she'll PROMISE me it's GPSI's fault the product is backordered, and then i'll call GPSI and Mary Madagen will PROMISE me that the hold-up is with West-ward. Both of them talk about expired product, FDA and DEA regulations, quotas, etc...but I can't pin anyone down on who's desk the paperwork is held up on.

Well, anyway my wife left me two weeks ago. She moved to a house not far away, and needless to say i'm devestated. I guess I don't blame her, really- i've been struggling with my health for some time, and she must be as frustrated as I am. I love my wife and family, and i'm sad I don't have the strength or energy to be doing more work around the house. To be sure, my attitude has suffered as well and i'm not always the most cheerful person to be around.

In a state of total desperation, I called West-ward late last week and demanded to speak with the CEO, Nabil Rizk. I guess I couldn't believe it when his assistant, Karen, managed to get him on the phone this time (i've asked several times previously). I basically told him that my wife left, and that I didn't want to fall down the stairs or choke on my food and die alone.

Mr. Rizk was very sympathetic and even told me a story about how his dad died when he was young, and that he got into this business to help people, not make money. He promised me that they we're lighting all the fires they could, and that it should be this week when the Ephedrine is available again.

It looks like I'll be healthy again soon, I hope so.

No comments: