Thursday, February 7, 2008

I need help finding Ephedrine.

I've been taking Ephedrine Sulfate USP capsules 25mg three times per day for the past 2-3 months at the recommendation of my neurologist, Dr. Ringel. I had my doubts about Ephedrine working, to be honest- but it does help my CMS. I was surprised after just the second day on the Ephedrine, I found myself able to skip-a-step going up the stairs, whereas before I would have to literally drag myself up. I'm holding my kids again, which is awesome, and it's much easier to shower and dress myself- which means I get a shower every day if I want again, yay!

Ever since my normal dosage of Mestinon decided to just stop working...i've been panicked that I'd be suffering with the CMS effects the rest of my life. I feel lucky in that the Mestinon has seemed to work very well for me the past 35+ years.

Ephedrine has really made a difference in my ability to do all those things I was doing....but i'm having trouble getting it.

King Soopers pharmacy had trouble filling my first prescription and I complained, so then they thought they were getting smart by ordering an extra bottle...but now they're telling me it's backordered from the manufacturer- West-Ward Pharmaceutical Corporation.

I called West-Ward, and whomever answered the phone told me "a license is needed to distribute" and it won't be available until mid-April. Well, that didn't make sense to me, so I called back and after a bit of pressing, was told that they're actually waiting on a vendor to obtain the license. I asked to speak with a supervisor, and was put into Melanie's voice-mail. I left a message, but Melanie has not called back!

Does anyone know? Is West-Ward the only game in town for Ephedrine?

I have a valid U.S. prescription, and I NEED Ephedrine Sulfate. If you know where to find any, please contact me. I have a compounding pharmacy to work with if you don't have capsules, and i'll pay top dollar! I prefer not to suffer until mid-April at the hands of beauracracy. Thx!!! ;)

3 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Hi Ken!!
Thanks for blogging. You will give many CMS parents much hope!!
keep blogging...please!
P.S. And blog often.
:)

Penny said...

Hi Ken...I'm Luke's Lulu (Andrea's Mother.) I am so glad you are blogging. Look forward to reading about your progress on the new medication combo.

Wanda Bishop said...

Hi Ken I was Lukes nurse until I got breast cancer .I hope you get your medicine and continue to feel better.